Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sakura Sushi Pop-Up

There are only a few things I love about erie, but one of them has to be Frankie & May Fresh Grocer. Great food, absolutely fabulous employees, and this venue has given me the opportunity to share my passion for sushi and food with Erie. April 7th I will be doing a sushi "pop-up", which is technically when a restaurant occupies another restaurant's kitchen and serves their own food. In this case, I will be occupying Frankie & May's demo space and serving up a small menu as my love note to Erie. I hope you can stop in for a snack. I won't be gone forever, but we'll see how quickly I fall in love with Manhattan. Many thanks, I am blessed with wonderful people in my life.


4.7.13 Sushi pop-up.

Scallop ceviche | butter lettuce + pear + shisito pepper + cilantro + key lime
Scarlett snapper tataki | seared snapper + jalapeno rajas + papaya vinaigrette + chive + tamarind soy
Spicy tuna maki | chopped tuna + roasted chili aioli + avocado + scallion
Smoked salmon maki | goat cheese + crispy salmon skin + sweet eel sauce
Sakura coconut sweet rice pudding | sake soaked dried cherry + sweet rice + coconut

-ashley sayre (de rivas) a.k.a. sakura a.k.a. maki ninja. xoxo

No comments: