Friday, May 14, 2010

Where to Eat in Erie if You're Vegan/Vegetarian- Pt1

When you follow different dietary guidelines than the other 97% of society, eating out can be often a minefield, disgruntling, and utterly unsatisfying (thats what she said). I've been eating around this town for a few years, and there are definately some places that have gone above and beyond, but also those who have treated me like I'M the asshole. So I woke up this morning, all bright eyed and bushy tailed from the previous evening's exploits, and felt compelled to put all this legwork to... well, work. I may have a different perspective from the average veg, I've worked in restaurants, I know how much food costs, I know how much work and thought goes into things. I also, on the other hand, don't like to eat a whole lot, so what I do eat better be fucking spectacular.

TFIFriday's-
If we were to use a star system or some-such, I'd give em a 3 of 4 stars. I got the Sante Fe Chop Salad without the chicken or cheese/sour cream, and got the house viniagrette subbed in. Amazing! The first time I went here and ordered the waitress asked me what I wanted subbed in, I told her to tell the cook to surprise me. He put fucking daikon in my salad! That's what won me over. While they don't have many vegan offerings, they are very friendly and flexible about serving you something that isn't a plate of lettuce and fries.

Next time I swear I'll alot enough time so I'm not scrambling to squeeze this one out in the 15 minutes I have before work. I really want to help people navigate the minefield in Erie.
In the coming blog, I shall give you my solid opinion on KHAO THAI...

No comments: