Thursday, April 11, 2013

Glutarded French Baguette

I didn't really intend on writing a blog about this, but I may as well, and since its 12:25AM and I have five minutes or so until these ghetto-ass looking loaves are risen, may as well narrate the scenario.

take your watch off before you schlup it up, schlupp.
So here's the back story. Having a sort of "Adios" Fete on Sunday (that's T-2 days technically now), and my mom wanted me to make this cauliflower cashew spread and olive tapenade on toasted baguette slices. Yes, I could have just bought some Wegman's ones, oh yes, but oh nay, I was like "Oh screw that mom, I'll just make the f-ing bread. why not?" Okay, so I didn't say "f-ing" (can you see how I'm trying to clean up my language Andy?), but since I can't eat regular bread, I wanted some for me and my mom too. So at 11:30PM after I got home from work at 10:30 or something, I don't even remember when I decided to start all this, I was like "oh! well golly jeepers why don't I start baking some bread?"

Hence. I found this gem (French Baguettes, Gluten Free) and decided to start making this. And gravlax. And baked tofu. And a cup of tea. And text my boyfriend. And FB chat with my best dude-friend about his upcoming car purchase.


my boyfriend got me this mixer. <3



gravlax.








(It is now 12:40AM and the loaves reside happily in the oven).

(12:57, just ate the little bread-nugget of extra dough. Eyes rolling in back of head)



(1:05AM) Pulled loaves out on hunch. Devoured corner. Trying to restrain self from consuming remainder of bread.





Good night. xoxo 

No comments: